Hi everyone, I hope you all had a Happy Tuesday!!! 🙂
So, it’s almost the end of January and I still haven’t posted my list of Favorites of 2015! I know, I know…I’ve been running around and enjoying my Summer Break (although it’s only now sunny here since it was freaking raining and kinda cold – cold for Brazilians ahaha).
So, here it is my list. Before I start, there are a few things to say first. I read 305 books last year, which I don’t consider much, but I had a REALLY crazy year, so I’m giving myself a free pass! LOL
From these 305 books I marked 41 as favorites and narrowed them down to 32.
As usual I’m going to list them in the order I read them, mostly because I can’t choose ANYTHING so choosing one or more between my favorites is just unfair to me! LOL
There’s something I’m doing though, in my Favorites of 2014 list I chose an author I still love as my find for the year, because it was the year I discovered her and her books (it was Stylo Fantôme by the way! 😉 ), this year my find of the year, the new author I found and really impressed me in 2015 is Cecilia London, author of the Bellator Saga!
Most of them I haven’t reviewed on the blog, but I post my opinions on most of what I read in Goodreads (if you want you can send me a friend request HERE – I have OCD-like shelves so if you want to know my opinions on books it’s pretty easy through my selves!) and EVERY book I read I also rate on GR!
And before I don’t stop talking, let’s get this list started (in the order I read them from January to December).
- Past Heaven by Laura Ward – 5 stars – This was a BEAUTIFUL story, one of the most beautiful I’ve read.
- My Time in the Affair by Stylo Fantôme – 5 stars – Full review complete with character interview HERE
- The Deal (Off-Campus #1) by Elle Kennedy – 5 stars – This is a NA book, but such a great one! Elle Kennedy’s mastered the art of the romantic comedies in my opinion, because the balance between funny, romance and sexiness in this book is PERFECT!
- Darker Water (Once and Forever #1) by Lauren Stewart – 5 stars – I loved this book and the banter between the characters!
- Victorious (Quantum #3) by M.S. Force – 5 stars – Holy Hotness, Batman!!! This has gotta be one of hottest books I’ve ever read!!
- Asking for It (Asking for It #1) by Lilah Pace – 5 stars – This book was an addictive read, I read it faster than usual because I couldn’t put it down. It has such a GRIPPING storyline and it was so hot and forbidden!! The sequel was pretty amazing too!!!
- End of Day (Jack & Jill #1) by Jewel E. Ann – 5 stars – This book was my first book by Jewel E. Ann and it was a great first!! End of Day has an intricate storyline, there are two stories going on and not once we get lost or mix them. Plus I completely fell in love with Luke and his argyle socks!!! Also the book is currently on SALE!!
- Magic Shifts (Kate Daniels #8) by Ilona Andrews – 4.5 stars – This is my favorite PRN/Fantasy series and I’ve read (and still read) a LOT of them! The universe Ilona Andrews (they are a couple who writes together) created is simply amazing, all the details and how they make the story flow without losing their touch. Plus Kate Daniels is a BADASS heroine!!
- The Queen (The Original Sinners: White Years #4) by Tiffany Reisz – 5 stars – This was my most expected book of 2015 (Tiffany is also my favorite author) and it did not disappoint! Full review HERE
- Middle of Knight (Jack & Jill #2) by Jewel E. Ann – 4.5 stars – Middle of Knight left lots of questions and I’m fortunate to have read the last book, Dawn of Forever, already (it’ll come out in February) and I can say the whole story remained so consistent! I absolutely loved Jewel’s writing!!
- Sojourn (Bellator Saga #3) by Cecilia London – 5 stars – I haven’t written my review for Sojourn yet (even though I read it in October – I know, bad blogger), but I can say it is a FLAWLESS book! Cecilia once again blows us away with her talent and what she’s doing with this series! Oh and there are news coming about the first 3 books *wink wink*
- Breaking Leila (Knives & Flowers #1) by Lucy V. Morgan – 5 stars – This book was recommended to me by Stylo Fantôme and it didn’t disappoint at ALL! It’s a FANTASTIC book and I absolutely LOVED Lucy’s writing style! I LOVE when authors create characters that don’t apologize for who they are (like Stylo herself also does so well)!
- Breaking Joseph (Knives & Flowers #2) by Lucy V. Morgan – 5 stars – The sequel to Breaking Leila is just as good as the first book. I REALLY liked how Lucy kept the consistency in the story and in her characters and in the end didn’t change them from who they were. That takes courage and I LOVE that, and we can see the story loved it too because it worked so well!!!
- Torment Me (Rough Love #1) by Annabel Joseph – 5 stars – This book was phenomenal, it has the perfect ammount of angst and kink. It’s provocative and sexy and taboo and very well written. It’s very different from anything I’ve read before. The sequel is also a GREAT book, also 5 stars, and even though I chose only the first as a favorite, I loved both.
- Thirty Nights (American Beauty #1) by Ani Keating – 5 stars – Full review HERE
- Out of Plans (The Mercenaries #2) by Stylo Fantôme – 5 stars – Full review and character interview HERE
- Iniquity (The Premonition #5) by Amy A. Bartol – 5 stars – I have missed Amy’s writing and it was amazing to get back to Evie and Reed’s world! I LOVE how this story is going, how all the books led us to where they are now and I can’t wait for more of this new phase in the story. Amy created an amazing tale of love and friendship with the Premonition series, plus some badass HAWT angels!!!!
- First Touch (First and Last #1) by Laurelin Paige – 5 stars – I finished my favorites of the year with an AMAZING fbook (it was also the last book I read in 2015)! I absolutely LOVED this book and I can’t wait for the sequel. It lives up to all the buzz it got before it was released and it’s still getting. I’m writing a review for it soon!!
2015 was a year for me to be pickier too, so there weren’t as many 5 stars (or even 4) reads as usual, but I had a LOT of good and GREAT reads in 2015 even if though some of them didn’t make it favorite. I already have 3 books in my Favorites of 2016 list (and 28 read), so I’m looking forward to reading more this year!! 🙂
Thanks to all the amazing writers out there and for their imagination, because of them we get to read so many books! And here’s to a great year of reading!!! Happy reading, everyone!!