Hello, hello, hello, book lovers!!!
As you can see (and as usual) I’m late in the “Favorite books of 2016” party! LOL
Last year I planned to post my favorites each month, but the year completely swalled me, specially the second semester!
But I’m back, again!!! I have some projects for this year and a second blog (in Portuguese) coming! I’m also still IN LOVE with “bookstagramming” (if you’re on Instagram, follow me there! @beautyandthebeastlybooks)!!
I have 30 favorite books, which may seem a lot for a list of favorites, but I ended up reading 401 books in 2016 ( the goal for this year is officially 450, but I’ll try for 500). So my number of favorites is less than 10% of what I read, so it’s not that many!!
Here they are in the order I read them:
- Unhinge by Calia Read – 4.5 stars: I loved loved this book! I loved Unravel (the first book – also a standalone) and Victoria and her story really intrigued me when she was mentioned in it Her story though…We have hints of what it be through Unhinge, but in the end there are a LOT of surprises coming our way! Victoria’s story might not be as dark as the one in Unravel, but the twists and turns will definitely keep you on your toes! Calia is a GREAT writer!
- Dirty Ugly Toy by K. Webster – 5 stars: I was completely HOOKED on this book from page 1. I couldn’t stop reading it for anything and it was an AMAZING story! K. Webster definitely impressed me and won a ticket to my auto-clicks. Her writing is so good and even though we might have seen so many stories in that corner of the dark sub-genre, her story is so unique and fresh! I absolutely LOVED reading this book and recommended it to all my friends and every one of them who has read it agreed with me!
- Dawn of Forever by Jewel E. Ann – 5 stars: This book was so amazing! It was the PEFECT conclusion to Jessica and her brother’s story. It was packed with action and so enlightining! This series were my first books by Jewel E. Ann and she definitely impressed me! All of them featured my lists of favorites. Dawn of Forever is a story so original, so emotional and so well written! A fresh story by an author I’m definitely keeping my eyes on!!
- Slave to the Rhythm by Jane Harvey-Berrick – 6 stars: This is probably one of the best books I’ve ever read. It’s such a powerful story and it has stayed with me since I read it. It’s Jane’s best book so far in my opinion. Read full REVIEW here.
- This is War, Baby by K. Webster – 5 stars: For me this book a perfect story of second chances. Not really a second chance love, but how a character (or more than one) has a second chance at happiness. I absolutley LOVED this books. It’s a dark, mind f*** story with some twists I didn’t see coming and I could feel myself falling more and more in love with the story and with War, of course. I definitely didn’t see that coming!
- Sparrow by L.J. Shen – 5 stars: I LOVED Sparrow! It’s the first book by L.J. Shen I’ve read and it won’t be the last. I don’t consider it a dark book, but it is a mafia one, which isn’t a genre I’m particularly interested in, but in this case I’m really glad I read it!!
- Undeniably You by Jewel E. Ann – 5 stars: I have a feeling Jewel will be one of the most featured authors in my favorites list this year! I was so surprised (positively) by this book! I wasn’t expecting the level of tension, ansgt and all the feels it gave me! It’s one of those book you simply HAVE to read to understand how much it makes you feel! Absolutely LOVED it!!
- Unseen Messages by Pepper Winters – 4.5 stars: This book is so different than Pepper’s previous books, yet it is still a Pepper Winters book. Filled with her talented way to tell a story. This book was real, different and absolutely beautiful. It made me cry and smile. It’s an incredible story! Stelle and Galloway’s beautiful journey will transport you inside the pages of this book and you won’t want to leave!! Beautifully written and captivating from the start to the end!
- Sweetest Venom (Virtue #2) by Mia Asher – 5 stars: Mia Asher was brilliant writing this book! We waited a long time for the sequel to Easy Virtue, but it did not disappoint! Mia gave us what her book and characters needed. It was real, honest and it left me with a big smile on my face when I finished reading it just a few hours after starting it. Mia writes angst like no one and she gets the right ammount the story needs and doesn’t overdo it! It was perfect. The perfect ending to Blaire’s story! It was truly her story and I loved seeing her maturing through the story. It was bittersweet and beautiful to read this book!
- Coast (Kick Push #2) by Jay McLean – 5 stars
- One by Jewel E. Ann – 5 stars: This book is PERFECT!!
- Turbulence by Whitney G. – 5 stars: This book was AMAZING! It was definitely worth the wait and I’m really happy Whitney went back to writing! 5% in I knew I would love this book, I just never knew how much! I adored every page of it and every plot twist (specially the ones I didn’t see coming). I wish this story never ended because I want to read more of it!
- Brotherhood in Death (In Death #42)by J.D. Robb – 5 stars: This has got to be one of my favorite books in the In Death series. I always love when they show us Eve and Roarke’s day-to-day lives and their routine and how they are apart from Eve’s investigations. This time it focused a lot on one of my favorite characters, Mr. Mira and I loved it! Roarke as usual is amazing. But what I love the most about this book is how Eve doesn’t even realise how much she’s changed and that she lets herself care for people, her officers, her detectives and her friends. I feel like a weight has been lifted from her shoulders in every book and it’s been a pleasure to see it.
- A Love Letter to Whiskey by Kandi Steiner – 5 stars – This book is all kinds of FANTASTIC. It’s so angsty and so, so GOOD!!
- Mr. President (White House #1) by Katy Evans – 4.5 stars – Best. Election. EVER!
- Rhapsodic by Laura Thalassa – 5 stars – This book was my find of the year! I found it in a picture on Instagram and I just HAD to read it. The cover is BEAUTIFUL. In the photo I saw it, the person compared the hero of Rhapsodic, Desmond, to Rhysand from ACOMAF and I love that book. And boy, does Des give Rhys a run for his money! I think Rhapsodic is more mature and the story is very original. The author’s writing style is SO GOOD! I really liked the way the story was built and written, it spans from the past (7/8 years before) to the present in a perfect way. To understand the main characters, Des and Callie, we need to know how they met and what happened 7 years before. I kept falling in love with Des (and this book) in every chapter, from present to past. This is a book you simply cannot pass, you HAVE TO READ IT!!!
- Yours to Bare by Jessica Hawkins – 5 stars – This is a PHENOMENAL book! Yours to Bare is one of those rare books that make us think that if we had to choose only one more book to read, it would have to be it. It has the right amount of angst and the story flows so perfectly! The only flaw in this book is that it had to end! I believe it’s Jessica Hawkin’s best work so far ande I’m so happy I got to read it! Yours to Bare is provocative, romantic, tantalizing, angsty and so much more, you simply won[‘t be able to forget about it after you read it!
- The Hating Game by Sally Thorne – 5 stars – I LOVED this book! This is the kind of book that will for sure get you out of a “book funk”. It’s funny and light, but it’s also got substance. The story, just like the characters, is more than what it seems at first.
- The Man I Love by Suanne Laqueur – 5 stars – This book is just BEAUTIFUL!
Have you read any of those books?
Tell me in the comments! Also let me know how many books you red in 2016 and how many favorites you had! ❤