Hey again, everyone!!
I’m starting a new “series” here in the blog called TOP Beastly Books to recommend my favorite books in an specific genre. I’m listing 15 angsty books today and I’ll also add some other angst reads recommendations.
I have no doubt I will forget some, so I apologize in advance. I’ve read so many books in my life (2275 according to Goodreads) that it’s hard to not only keep track of them, but to also remember all of them. I had to ask friends for help to list some. Angsty books are probably my favorite kind. I absolutely LOVE them and I’m always looking for a new one to read. Most of the ones in the list and the other ones featured here are books I read some time ago (like 3 years ago). Some of my angst books will not be featured here, because I’ll list them in a “different” books category. Those books that have that “it” quality to them.
TOP 15 ANGSTY READS (in no particular order)
- Ruining You by Nicole Reed – I love this series and back in the day I read book 2 (Ruining You) thinking it was book 1 and just when I finished I realized it wasn’t and I read the first book.
- The Breathing Series by Rebecca Donovan – Well technically I’m cheating by adding a series, but I can’t choose just one in this series. It’s one of my all time favorites book series and it’s been released here in Brazil and I recommend it all the time!
- Remembering Joy by Jenni Moen – I absolutely LOVE this book! It was my first read by Jenni Moen and after it I can’t not read her books anymore! It has a sequel, but no cliffhanger!
- Therapy by Kathryn Perez – I re-read this book a few months back and it reminded me why I love it so much! Such an emotional story! And I only realized one of the characters is in Letters Written in White by Kathryn too (this one was released waaay after Therapy and they aren’t related per ser).
- Left Drowning by Jessica Park – This book might be one of the most ANGSTY ones I’ve ever read. And one of my absolutely ALL TIME favorite books! This is the kind of book you simply HAVE to read and you’ll know what I’m talking about once you do. The level of emotion in this book is out of this world! It broke my heart and mended it all over again! It’s definitely on my bucket list of books I NEED signed! And I’d love to meet Jessica too! 🙂
- Rock Bottom (Tristan & Danika #2) by R.K. Lilley – This is my favorite book in this trilogy (although I love all three of them) and this series is my favorite by R.K. Lilley! It’s a spin-off series from the In Flight one, which will be released here in Brazil this month! I hope Tristan and Danika’s books will be released here soon too! They are AMAZING! I need to re-read them soon!
- Turbulence by Whitney G. – This is the most recently read book in this list. I read it this month and I will review it here on the blog soon. This book is Whitney’s comeback and she couldn’t have rocked more! Turbulence is AMAZING! It has some of the feels from her Resonable Doubt series, which I LOVE! Turbulence is a standalone and it has just the (right) ammount of angst that the story needs!
- The Story of Me (Carnage #2) by Lesley Jones – The Carnage series is SO GOOD! And also so emotional. My favorite book was this one, the second, but I also really really like the first book.
- Bait (Wake series #1) by Mo Mabie – This was the first book by Mo Mabie that I read and it’s so full of angst! It’s definitely a tense read, but I LOVED every page of it! This series is now complete and I loved how she concluded it!
- Arsen by Mia Asher – And I can’t talk about angst without mentioning Mia Asher! She’s a master in writing stories with angst. Her Virtue series (2 books) is also full of angst, but I chose Arsen because it was my first book of hers and also one of my first reviews here on the blog! I LOVE this book, but be warned, it will BREAK you! But you will enjoy every minute of it! Mia is the kind of author that can break me anytime, because she definitely KNOWS how to do it right!
- Falling (Fading #3) by E.K. Blair – I only read books 1 and 3 in this series (book 2 is M/M and I don’t read those). I really liked Fading and a lot of time later I read Falling. I wasn’t going to read it because I thought it was only Fading in the hero’s POV. But I was wrong. It was so much more (plus it has more of them from where Fading ends) and it ended up being my favorite in the series! It’s angsty and beautiful and I LOVE it. It’s my favorite book by E.K. Blair.
- Into the Tomorrows by Whitney Barbetti – I actually had THREE of Whitney’s books in this list. She knows how to write with angst for sure! This one is her most recent one (and I can’t wait for the sequel) and I fell in love with its story!
- The Love Me With Lies series by Tarryn Fisher – And again I couldn’t talk about angst without mentioning this series. The Opportunist, Dirty Red and Thief are MASTERFULLY written. In my opinion they are Tarryn’s best books! And I had the opportunity to meet her and get the Brazilian version of books 1 and 2 signed, which I will FOREVER treasure. This series is the kind we recommend to people, but we also warn them to get tissues and wine. Lots of wine! It’s angst galore and I LOVE every page of every one of them. Even Dirty Red even though I HATE that particular redhead!
- Falling Into You by Jasinda Wilder – I only read a couple books by Jasinda and this one was the first and my favorite of them. It has angst and a beautiful story!
- The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay – Now this book…This book is BEAUTIFUL! It’s my ultimate dream to have a signed copy of it. It has also been released here in Brazil and I recommend it a lot too! The story is so beautiful and so full of every emotion you can imagine! You definitely HAVE to read it!
It was HARD to compile a list of only 15 books, so here is a bonus with more recommendations of angsty books:
- What’s Left of Me by Amanda Maxlyn
- Need by K.I. Lynn and N. Isabelle Blanco
- Sparrows for Free by Lila Felix
- Brutally Beautiful by Christine Zolendez
- I Found You by Jane Lark
- Saving Amy by Nicola Haken
- Perfectly Damaged by E.L. Montes
- Reasonable Doubt series by Whitney G.
- Rainfall by Melissa Delport
- Ten Below Zero by Whitney Barbetti
- Burying Water by K.A. Tucker
- Darker Water by Lauren Stewart
- Jack & Jill series by Jewel E. Ann
- Undeniably You by Jewel E. Ann
- Slave to the Rhythm by Jane Harvey-Berrick