First of all, let me wish you a proper HAPPY NEW YEAR! May 2015 bring a lot of happiness and books to you!!
I finally get to post about my favorite books of 2014. I read 355 books in 2014, my goal was 350 a hundred less than 2013.
And from these 355 books, I had about 80 listed favorites, but I took some down, which was harder, and here are my 55 favorites for this past year. I will list them by order of reading and I won’t compare them and rate them between each of them, that way it’ll be all fair. They all stand a place in my favorites, so they all deserve the same recognition!
BUT, when asked I always say my most favorite book of the year was The Saint by Tiffany Reisz, because I can’t remember all of them by heart.
And there’s a new category I’m adding…my favorite series/debut author of the year. It is by far The Kane Trilogy (Degradation, Separation and Reparation) by Stylo Fantôme! She did an outstanding job with this books and you can’t say she is a “newbie” by reading them. But I’m getting ahead of myself and you’ll see all of those on my list below!
For some of the series only one or two are favorites, but it doesn’t mean I didn’t like the others, I mostly did, but I liked one or two books in the series better, so they remained favorites. Some series aren’t in order, because as I said, I’m listing them by order of read. I’m also adding the links to my reviews (for the ones I wrote them)! Enjoy!
- Up From the Grave (Night Huntress #7) by Jeaniene Frost- 5 stars
- Escaping Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #3) by Amelia Hutchins – 5 stars – (Review and Characters Interview HERE)
- Concealed in Death (In Death, #38) by J.D. Robb – 5 stars
- Therapy by Kathryn Perez – 5 stars Powerful full on angst read
- Making Faces by Amy Harmon – 5 stars – AMAZING BEAUTIFUL story
- Pretty Little Things by Teresa Mummert – 4 stars
- Left Drowning by Jessica Park – 5 stars – angsty read, one of the best books I’ve ever read in my life!!!
- Like Gravity by Julie Johnson – 5 stars
- Reclaiming the Sand by A. Meredith Waters – 5 stars
- Sparrows for Free by Lila Felix – 5 stars
- Tease ( Songs of Submission #2) by C.D. Reiss – 5 stars – I loved the whole series, but this was my favorite!!!
- Bad Things (Tristan & Danika #1) by R.K. Lilley – 5 stars
- Rock Bottom (Tristan & Danika #2) by R.K. Lilley – 5 stars – again I LOVE this series, but this one is MY FAVORITE FROM THE WHOLE SERIES. Tristan is PERFECT and this one wrecked me!!!! ❤
- Scare Crow (Crow’s Row #2) by Julie Hockley – 5 stars
- The Saint (The Original Sinners #5/The Original Sinners: White Years #1) by Tiffany Reisz – 5 STARS (Full review and interview with Tiffany HERE). This book is EVERYTHING!
- Saving Amy by Nicola Haken – 5 stars
- Breakable (Contours of the Heart #2) by Tammara Webber – 5 stars – I liked this one better than Easy, which is one of my favorite books. I also met Tammara here in Brazil in November and she’s a sweetheart! I’ve had already read the book when it released here, but I got a signed Portuguese copy now!!
- Falling (Fading #3) by E.K. Blair – 5 stars – this is another that I liked his POV than hers and Fading is also one of my favorite books! This book was awesome! Loved Ryan’s POV and there’s more about their present/future too!
- Push by Claire Wallis – 5 stars – I’m struggling with this one, because book 1 was absolutely FANTASTIC and although there’s a cliffhanger I’d like to forget I read the sequel, because unfortunately it didn’t live up to the first book’s awesomeness…I prefer to think the shocking (and so GOOD) cliffy ending was the real ending, because the story got flat in book 2. The first half of it was good and then it felt like it was just a filling plot.
- The Year We Fell Down (The Ivy Years #1) by Sarina Bowen – 5 stars – Sarina has become one of my to-go authors and auto-clicks. LOVED discovering her writing in 2014!!!
- Bang (Black Lotus #1) by E.K. Blair – 5 stars – This book was such a mind f*** and so freaking GOOD! From page 1 it held my attention! Book 2 can’t come soon enough!!
- Mid Life Love (Mid Life Love #1) by Whitney Gracia Williams – 5 stars – This book was just AWESOME! It has a CEO, which is my weakness/guilty pleasure in books, but it’s different than what I’ve read before! I like both this one and the sequel, but this one is my favorite!
- Kiss the Sky (Calloway Sisters #1) by Krista & Becca Ritchie – 5 stars – This spin-off from The Addicted series is so, so good!! Connor Cobalt was such a SURPRISE! He’s like Chuck Bass (from Gossip Girl – the tv show, not the books)!!
- Scoring Wilder by R.S. Grey – 5 stars (Full review HERE) – R.S. Grey is another author who scored a place on my go-to, auto-click authors. I LOVE her sense of humor and her characters are the BOMB!!!
- Twisted Together (Monsters in the Dark #3) by Pepper Winters – 5 stars – this one is DARK and AMAZING!!
- Reciprocity (Breach #3) by K.I. Lynn – 4.5 stars – God, Nathan and his filthy mouth!! I’ve missed him since last year!! This series is just so freaking GOOD! I love the characters and their struggle. They felt real and relateable and I love how we see their day-to-day lives in the books!
- Outlander (Outlander #1) by Diana Gabaldon – 5 stars – Do I need to say anything more than James Fraser????!!! SWOOONS! Although this book is so long it should be considered at least 2 books on my GR Challenge lol.
- Dragonfly in Amber (Outlandert #2) by Diana Gabaldon – 5 stars – This one is just as amazing if not even better! I absolutetly LOVED it!! The whole series is a favorite of mine, although I’m still on half of book 4…
- Rainfall by Melissa Delport – 5 stars (Full review HERE) – This book was POWERFUL and so well written it is still with me. This story is incredibly brilliant!
- Playing in the Rain by Jane Harvey-Berrick – 5 stars – Even though this is a short story, it isn’t short of talent and emotion. True talent can’t be measured by the size of the author’s book. This story is beautiful and although it’s short it has everything it should (and more)! It made me cry, laugh, smile and fall in love between its pages!
- The Book of Life (All Souls Trilogy #3) by Deborah Harkness – 5 stars – This series is one of my favorites and it doesn’t even feel like paranormal. It’s packed with history, mystery, adventure and even time-travel. This was a wonderful finale to the series!! Mini review HERE.
- Wife Number Seven by Melissa Brown – 5 stars – This book was different from everything I’ve ever read! Really good!!
- Blood and Bone by Tara Brown – 5 stars (Full Review HERE) – This book was such a mind-wreacking-f****ing!! LOVED it!!
- Feral Sins by Suzanne Wright – 5 stars – This is a paranormal and seriously one of the HOTTEST books I’ve ever read. But it also has a GREAT story!!
- Magic Breaks (Kate Daniels #7) by Illona-Andrews – 5 stars – This book was just WOW! This is one of my favorite paranormal series and in this book Illona-Andrews were spot on!! It’s the reason I love paranormals. The story is amazing and everything connects. The ending was such a surprise and I can’t wait to see what comes now!
- The Story of Me (Carnage #2) by Lesley Jones – 5 stars – Again this is the case where both books are good, but I just LOVED the sequel more. This book was FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC!
- The Year We Hid Away (The Ivy Years #2) by Sarina Bowen – 5 stars – As I mentioned I LOVED getting to know Sarina’s books this year. This is the second book in the series, but it’s about different characters from book 1, although they are in this one too! Loved it as much as The Year We Fell Down.
- Degradation (The Kane Trilogy #1) by Stylo Fantôme – 5 stars (Full review HERE). This is THE debut series in my opinion and Stylo is my AMAZING finding for this year! I’ve recommended these books for so many people, they are just incredible and she maintained the character’s and story’s consistency during the whole series!!
- The Education of Sebastian (The Education of…#1) by Jane Harvey-Berrick – 5 stars – Well, I’m a HUGE Jane Harvey-Berrick fan and I’ve read The Education of Caroline like 2 years ago. It’s a sequel, but it can be read as a standalone and when I read it I decided to skip the first book because of the age difference, because I thought it would bother me and how silly I was. I missed on this AMAZING, BEAUTIFUL story for almost two years. I love, love, LOVE The Education of Caroline (my favorite between the two of them), but this first book is just so incredible! Knowing the charactes from years before I got to understand them even better than I did. I can see how they grew up and how they learned with their past.
- With the Father by Jenni Moen – 5 stars – You can say I have a weakness for priests as well, but this book is different than ANYTHING I’ve ever read in my life. It was such an incredible suprise. When I finished I had such a WTF moment! Jenni Moen did amazing with this one and it takes talent and balls to write a story like this! She was featured on my Favorite Books of 2013 list with the Joy series and here she is again. And the funny thing is that I didn’t realize she was the author of the Joy series after I read With The Father! This is a truly brilliant story!
- The King (The Original Sinners #6/The Original Sinners: White Years #2) by Tiffany Reisz – 5 stars (Full review and interview with Tiffany HERE). I love how Tiffany is writing these prequel books! Absolutely LOVE them!!
- Bait (Wake #1) by M. Mabie – 5 stars – This book is full on agnsty, but it hurts so good! I absolutely fell in love with the hero and I can’t wait for book 2! I just want to hug Casey and never let go!!!
- Ten Below Zero by Whitney Barbetti – 5 stars – This book is incredible! Pefectly written and amazing story!!
- Reparation (The Kane Trilogy #3) by Stylo Fantôme – 5 stars (Full review and Characters interview HERE). This was the perfect ending (??) to this series!!
- Addicted After All (Addcited #3) by Krista & Becca Ritchie – 5 stars – This was the perfect ending to Lily and Lo’s story! I look forward to seeing more of them in the last Calloway sisters books.
- Nine Minutes (Nine Minutes #1) by Beth Flynn – 5 stars – this book was EPIC! It’s hard to explain this book without giving anything away. It’s amazing and it’s something you have to experience for yourself to understand why I freaked out after I finished! Beth is an amazing, talented debut author. I wish I found more books like this!
- Bad Romeo (Starcrossed Lovers #1) by Leisa Rayven – 5 stars (Full review HERE) – This was another great surprise by yet another super talented debut author!
- The Law of Moses by Amy Harmon – 5 stars – Simply BEAUTIFUL! Amy Harmon is so talented and writes such powerful stories!!
- The Sect by Courtney Lane – 4.5 stars – This book was creppy, super dark, disturbing and ultimately BRILLIANT! I loved it and Courtey seems to be only improving her writing!
- Chasing the Tide (Reclaiming the Sand #2) by A. Meredith Walters – 5 stars – this was the perfect closure to Ellie and Flynn story! It’s the closure that was missing in the epilogue of Reclaiming the Sand. Their story is simply beautiful and A. Meredith Walters words are poetry and flow so well!
- Easy Virtue (Virtue #1) by Mia Asher – 5 stars – Mia gives us an anti-heroine in this book and she is a great character. I love how Mia doesn’t sugarcoat Blaire’s flaws and I also love both male characters in this book!!
- Amour Amour by Krista & Becca Ritchie – 4.5 stars – Reading this book felt like I was watching a movie. A real good one!
There is actually one more book, but I didn’t list it because it’s a book in Portuguese, by a Brazilian author. It’s called Encontrada (Found) and it’s the sequel of a book that I didn’t like that much (3 stars). But Encontrada is definitely a 5 stars read and I was pleasantly suprised by how much I liked it!! Specially because I don’t like brazilian authors besides our classics.
Now..wanna check my List of Favorite Books of 2013 also? Here is the LINK.
Now…I already have 16 read books in 2015 and I have about 3 favorites (Contessa by Lori Otto, The Virgin by Tiffany Reisz and The Traveling Man by Jane Harvey-Berrick)!!