I hope all of you had an AMAZING New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day!
2013 was a very great year for me! Family and I were healthy, I graduated college (my degree is in International Business), I started my blog , met amazing and wonderful new friends from all around the world and I reached (and surpassed) my reading goal for the year!
And that is what I’m gonna talk about tonight. My favorite reads of 2013!
My Goodreads Reading Challenge started with 300 books that I later upgraded to 350 and until Dec 31st I finished with 400 read books! I feel so happy about it!
I just finished exporting all my books from Goodreads to an Excel sheet. I am a CONTROL FREAK when it comes to my reading and I love making lists for everything! I usually have my own Excel sheet to keep track of all my read books for the year…my GR will show I read about 390 books last year, but the remaining 10 book I need to keep track by my own sheet, because they are Brazilian books that aren’t on GR…
It’s a good thing I have a GAZILLION shelves on GR, that way I can keep track of my favorite books…I have an all-times-favorites shelf and that is the one I’m narrowing down…So from my 400 read books, I have 136 in this favorite shelf, but I’m not gonna post about all of them, so I’m gonna try to narrow it down more…and it’s gonna be hard!
But first I’d like to state that I’m not doing a list with positions and preferences between my favorites. I don’t think it’s fair to list a favorite book better than another, specially because they are all so different…everyone knows I love dark books, but just because a book is not dark it doesn’t mean I don’t like it…I have a lot of non-dark amazing books that I read. I have many, many 5 star readings that didn’t make the favorite list, and even between the favorites, since they are so different, the way I love them is also different…So no preferences here, it’s already hard to choose the favorites 🙂
Also, not all of them were published in 2013, this is a list about the books I read in 2013…There will be all kinds of books, from dark, to erotica, to paranormal, to romance…I have also a few novellas in the original 136 books list, but they aren’t going to be featured here…So, since there’s no positions between what book is more favorite, the books will be listed by series in alphabetical order and then by date of reading (if a book is part of series and it isn’t alphabetically ordered is because I haven’t read the sequel, or the sequels didn’t make the list)…This way I can be more fair! I hope you enjoy it!! 🙂
CAROL’S FAVORITE BOOKS OF 2013
- Addicted to You (Addicted Series 1) by Krista Ritchie and Becca Ritchie – 5 stars
- Addicted for Now (Addicted Series 2) by Krista Ritchie and Becca Ritchie – 5 stars
- Beautifully Broken (Beautifully Series #1) by Bethany Bazile – 4 stars
- Beautifully Revealed (Beautifully Series #2) by Bethany Bazile – 4 stars
- Breach (Breach #1) by K.I. Lynn – 5 stars (This book has the best written prologue I’ve ever read)
- Infraction (Breach #2)by K.I. Lynn – 5 stars
- House Rules(Chicagoland Vampires #7) by Chloe Neill – 5 stars
- Crow’s Row (Crow’s Row #1) by Julie Hockley – 5 stars
- Dark Light (Dark Light #1) by S.L. Jennings – 5 stars
- Forever Black (Forever Trilogy #1) by Sandi Lynn – 4.5 stars
- Calculated in Death (In Death #36) by J.D. Robb – 5 stars
- Thankless in Death (In Death #37) by J.D. Robb – 5 stars
- Revealing Us (Inside Out #3) by Lisa Renee Jones – 5 stars
- Remembering Joy (Joy #1) by Jenni Moen – 5 stars
- Magic Rises (A Kate Daniels#6) by Illona Andrews – 5 stars
- Fall From Grace (Mad World #1) by Christine Zolendz – 5 stars
- Saving Grace (Mad World #2) by Christine Zolendz – 5 stars
- Quintessentially Q (Monsters in the Dark #2) by Pepper Winters – 5-can-I-give-more-stars-? stars (Check here My Review) – Really amazing, dark and well written, sometimes even disturbingly so…
- Unchained (Nephilim Rising #1) by J. Lynn (Jennifer L. Armentrout) – 5 stars
- Breaking Nova (Nova #1) by Jessica Sorensen – 5 stars
- World After (Penryn & the End of Days #2) by Susan Ee – 4.5 stars
- Present Perfect (Perfect #1) by Alison Bailey – 5 stars – Prepare yourself to CRY!
- Ruining You (Ruining #2) by Nicole Reed – 5 stars – Yes, I read book 2 first by mistake, this book is AMAZING…(Check here My Review)
- Ruining Me (Ruining #1) by Nicole Reed – 5 stars
- Sometimes Never (Sometimes Never #1) by Cheryl McIntyre – 5 stars
- The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden (The Coincidence #1) by Jessica Sorensen – 5 stars – This was the first book I read in 2013! (Check here My Review)
- The Redemption of Callie & Kayden (The Coincidence #2) by Jessica Sorensen – 5 stars (Check here My Review)
- Driven (The Driven Trilogy #1) by K. Bromberg – 5 stars
- Fighting Destiny (The Fae Chronicles #1) by Amelia Hutchings – 5 stars – This book was the best surprise of 2013 for me!! (Check here My Review and character interview)
- Taunting Destiny (The Fae Chronicles #2) by Amelia Hutchings – 5 stars (Check here another character interview )
- The Lonely (The Lonely #1) by Tara Brown – 5 stars – This is the first book by Tara Brown I’ve read and it BLEW ME AWAY! One of my favorite dark readings for sure! Not only Tara is super talented but now, after so much interacting – and stalking on my part LOL – I’m proud to call her my friend! (Check here My Review)
- The Siren (The Original Sinners #1) by Tiffany Reizs – 5 stars – This whole series are AMAZING!! Amazingly written, shocking, off the charts hot and dark and very bdsm-ish!!!
- The Angel (The Original Sinners #2) by Tiffany Reizs – 5 stars
- The Prince (The Original Sinners #3) by Tiffany Reizs – 5 stars
Book 4 in The Original Sinners series (The Mistress) is equally good, but as I read the last 4 books in one day I got really immersed into the Original Sinners world and I got a little pissed about some stuff that happened…Tiffany was so great though, answering my frantic emails and helping me shading some light to my confused mind! I am remaining true to my first feeling though, even thought I rated it high, it didn’t make the favorites list…but the series are probably on my top 10 favorite series of all times – the short stories are GREAT too and I CAN’T WAIT for the new 4 books in the series, they are gonna be prequels *squeee* SUPER EXCITED!))
- The Future of Our Past (The Remembrance Trilogy #1) by Kahlen Aymes – 5 stars (Check here My Review)
- A Love Like This (The Remembrance Trilogy #3) by Kahlen Aymes – 5 stars
- This Man (This Man #1) by Jodi Ellen Malpas – 5 stars
- Beneath This Man (This Man #2) by Jodi Ellen Malpas – 5 stars
- Undeniable (Undeniable #1) by Madeline Sheehan – 5 stars – Everything about this book is supposed to be wrong, but somehow its wrongness only make it more right! It was a CRAZY AMAZING reading and I loved it!!!
- Unattainable (Undeniable #3) by Madeline Sheehan – 5 stars
- Unspoken Memories (Unspoken #1) by Gabbie S. Duran – 5 stars Another AMAZING surprise last year! Loved Gabbie’s writing!!! (Check here My Review)
- Fight With Me (With Me In Seattle #2) by Kristen Proby – 4.5 stars – One word: APA
- Night Owl (The Night Owl Trilogy #1) M. Pierce – 4.5 stars – Really intriguing and kind of different story
- Phoenix Rockstar (Biker Rockstar #2) by Bec Botefuhr – 4.5 stars (Amazon says it’s book 2, but it’s book 1 in the reading order)
- Own the Wind (Chaos #1) by Kristen Ashley – 5 stars
- Wallbanger (Cocktail #1) by Alice Clayton – 5 stars
- Tangled (Tangled #1) by Emma Chase – 5 stars
- Dangerous to Know & Love by Jane Harvey-Berrick – 5 stars – This was my first book review for the blog (Check here My Review)
- The Long Way Home by Tara Brown – 4.5 stars
And last , but not least:
- Poughkeepsie (Poughkeepsie #1) by Debra Anastasia – 4.5 stars
Well it was a long list (I spent 3 days writing it, it’s 4 am here now LOL), but it wasn’t even 20% of my reading in 2013 LOL
I hope you enjoyed and feel free to comment 😉